Directions - READ CAREFULLY BEFORE STARTING!
This assessment should take you approximately 85 minutes total - be sure you are in a quiet space, free from distractions before you begin the assessment.
The assessment will be broken into two parts - a timed, multiple choice test AND a program-specific short exerise you will complete on your local machine and push to GitHub.
Multiple Choice Test Directions
- You will have 25 minutes to complete a 25-question multiple choice test.
- You may use your notes, session slides, online resources, etc. BUT be careful to keep an eye on the time remaining!
- You must get an 80% or higher to pass this portion of the assessment.
- If you do not pass this portion of the assessment, you must repeat Mod 0 before considered ready for promotion to Mod 1.
- This exercise should take you no longer than 60 minutes total to complete
- You will be working on your local machine and pushing your changes to a GitHub repo you will create
- If you make an error/typo in one of your commit messages, don’t waste time trying to change it - just focus on writing a correct message in your subsequent commits
- Your instructors will review your work after you submit and may ask you to make revisions before you are considered
- If your work falls far below expectations, you will likely not have an opportunity to make revisions and instead must repeat Mod 0 before considered ready for promotion to Mod 1
After completing the assessment, your instructors will evaluate your readiness for Mod 0 based on your technical proficiency. They will determine one of three outcomes:
- Passing technical assessment, no revisions required
- Passing technical assessment after a small number of revisions
- Failing technical assessment, requires repeat of Mod 0
As a reminder, the technical assessment is only ONE of the data points we use to evaluate readiness for the program. You may still be asked to repeat Mod 0 if you have struggled to show proficiency with professional skills, accountability, interpersonal skills, etc.
Your instructors will leave feedback directly in your Github repository via an
Issue - be sure to have notifictions set to receive emails on your Github so you will be notified when your feedback has come through and check your email a few days after submitting the assessment.
Ready to Begin?
Click this link when you are ready to begin your assessment!